The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sooo after ripping on my local Petco for the algae-fest that was their plant tank.. someone cleaned it up! It actually looks decent enough to consider buying from, now.. if only I knew wtf all the plants were (ALL) are listed as "assorted plants" I am starting to look some up online but would love your help, her's a spam of photos (sorry for quality dog on the leash puling=blur) if you could give common or scientific name that'd be very helpful, thank you!

I still plan on ordering some plants online.. I may set up a 'wtb' thread in the appropriate forum soon to see if I get any sellers ^^

I think the center broad-leaf in the last two photos is amazon sword?

edit:
I think the bottom right in photo #4 is water wisteria(?)
Is the stem with many small leaves in the right in the 2nd photo "money wort" (photo makes them look yellow)?

·
Registered
890 Posts
1st front left is bacopa, behind it a little is some type of Ludwiga, bottom right corner is Wisteria.

For 2.99 a bunch there are a ton there that are easy growers and well worth the 2.99 to get if you like the looks of them.

·
Registered
5,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok thank you. I don't think I can use westeria, my lighting is low and I believe that needs medium. Will have to look into the other two.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Actually some of their tubes are aquatic plants, and most of them have a small circle near the bottom of the label that will say fully submersible or not. I broke down and bought the Amazon Swords in the tubes and I am beginning to see new growth. In the tubes, I have seen: wisteria, amazon swords, anubias, and java ferns, all in various sized tubes. And I have seen downoi (??? helferi i think it is), dwarf hair grass, and a couple others in the envelope looking packages as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts