The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I've tried excel and HP. I can't get rid of this stuff. It comes off pretty easily if I brush it off with my hand. I use RO water for my tank and have plenty of circulation.
Is this diatoms? I just wanted to confirm so I can get some otos tomorrow.
Thanks in advance guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
188 Posts
1st and 3rd look like diatoms to me. 2nd pic look kind of blur, can't decide. Amano shrimps best for diatoms. A couple of them will clean within days. Get a young ones, small in size. Fully grown a bit lazy.

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1st and 3rd look like diatoms to me. 2nd pic look kind of blur, can't decide. Amano shrimps best for diatoms. A couple of them will clean within days. Get a young ones, small in size. Fully grown a bit lazy.
I actually have 3 amano shrimp, they don't really come out from behind the rocks I have... I guess they are just lazy. Don't otos eat diatoms?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Adult amano shrimp are lazy. Get a small young ones. Oto do eat but Hit n miss. That from my experience. No harm buying a few for yr tank. But once they touch commercial food, they won't eat any algae.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.