The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've managed to ID most of the plants I've gotten over the past few months, but there's 3 or 4 that I can't find a good match for in the TPT Plant profiles or Googling around. Any help would be appreciated! Sorry for the bad pictures.

Plant 1/2
This one is why I said 3 or 4. It looks like there were 2 types of this plant in the
clump. If you look closely at the lower left, there is a similar plant with a different
foliage pattern.

Plant 3
This one seems similar to Anacharis, but much more sturdy. Any ideas?

Plant 4
This one has never looked healthy since I got it, but I don't want to trash
it and it has started some new growth so I'm becoming attached to the
little Charlie Brown tree.

·
Fresh Fish Freak
24,403 Posts
First looks like Myriophyllum. Most likely all of it is Myrio, just plants often show different growth patterns in new settings, and new growth vs older growth even in the same setting.

2nd is Rotala rotundifolia

3rd really hard to say from that pic, but looks like it might be Stargrass (Hetera-howeveryouspellit)?

·
Registered
762 Posts
Not sure about first pic.
Second pic looks to me like a Rotala... maybe indica...
Third seems like an unhappy Eichhornia diversifolia.

Just guesses...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think you got 'em, lauraleellbp and Qwe.

First is Myriophyllum, second is Rotala which I don't know why I couldn't find it as I recognize the name and now that I know it, it seems pretty popular. I can't tell from Google Images if it's Rotundifolia or Indica. They are very close. I'll have to take some time and do some close comparisons. The third looks like an "unhappy" Eichhomia Diversifolia. Doing some quick research, it's not doing well, most likely because it is a high light/tech plant. I'm running the high end of low light, low tech, so it's probably not going to thrive. A little sad over that...

Thanks so much! You helped me out a bunch!

·
Registered
603 Posts
At the first pic I can see some Myriophyllum and Proserpinaca palustris.
Second pic looks like a Rotala indica.
Third is definitely a Eichhornia diversifolia. The blackening of leaves is a sign of stress.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
1st is a Myriophyllum. It's maybe the one they call 'simulans', though it's hard to say if that's correct or not.

2nd is Rotala rotundifolia (NOT indica). Please see Plant Finder on APC.

3rd is Eichhornia diversifolia.

·
Registered
453 Posts
2nd is definitely rotala rotundifolia, it looks for the most part healthy, they are meant to be in a tight bunch, so if you cut the tops off about 3" down and replant them right inside the current grouping it might look a little more full.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts