The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys and gals, i'm new to planted tanks and I needed help picking out some tall plants for my wifes tank, i have two Anubias Barteri in there now, and some dwarf hairgrass but i need to fill the background, and quite honestly i have no idea what plants grow as tall as her tank.

I need something at least 15 inches in height, I appreciate the help and thank you guys and gals for your time.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Check out swordplants, oinions and Vals. Numerous different swords get huge in height and width. Make sure your lighting/fertilization and CO2 availability will be appropriate for the plants you like.

Look at the swap & shop section here on TPT lots of good healthy plants to be had, just be careful of your wallet!:red_mouth

-Zach

·
Registered
156 Posts
I'd try vals if I were you. Probably one of the easiest plants do beginners. They don't really require anything special. I've grown them with C02 and without and with ferts and without. They can melt a little when you first put them in your tank but within a month you'll have 20 new plants and new growth. Just watch out they will take over your tank.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok merritt i'll look into vals, and ragnarok i had a few onions planted in my son's tank but the bulbs didn't take and eventually died, and also i don't have a CO2 sytem in i guess it's a low tech tank? i do have a fertilizer in my substrate but thats about it oh and a 6,700k T5 light.

I appreciate the help, i'll get some pics up so you know what i gotta fill up.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Tall Aquarium Plants

Hello guys and gals, i'm new to planted tanks and I needed help picking out some tall plants for my wifes tank, i have two Anubias Barteri in there now, and some dwarf hairgrass but i need to fill the background, and quite honestly i have no idea what plants grow as tall as her tank.

I need something at least 15 inches in height, I appreciate the help and thank you guys and gals for your time.
Hello Mo...

Go with Anubias nangi. They're easy to grow, because they'll grow in most lighting. I have it growing in subdued light in the front of one of my 55 G tanks (see attached pic). It's the broad leafed plant under the Brazilian Water weed.

B

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.