The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm quit new to the planted tank hobby and i have been having problems with plants deficienes. I can,t put my finger on the problem. The tank has colombo aquasoil and gets dosed Pro jbl flora ferropol and easy life iron every week. I also inject co2. I change 30% water every week. These are my water parameters:No3 0 ppm, No2 0 ppm, Gh 7, Kh 6, Ph 6.4.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JBL Proflora does not have nitrogen according to their advertising. I expect they are relying on fish to provide it but if you are dosing co2 and getting readings of 0 nitrate your tank probably is starving for N.

I'd switch fertilizers to one that provides complete nutrition.
I’m reading 0 nitrite ppm not 0ppm nitrate.
But thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
More questions- How long has your tank been planted for? How much of your tank is planted? Post a full tank shot. How do you diffuse your co2 and how are you measuring co2? how much light is over your tank? What are you ammonia levels? What is your filtration like? What livestock do you have and how many?

I’d take a quick stab at saying your co2 is off and is not balanced with your lighting and you possibly have higher ammonia levels in your tank from the aquasoil, which your plants will use but not if co2 is deficient so you are feeding the algae and they are feeding on the plants that aren’t growing. Those plants look like they may be recent additions to your aquarium. I’d start by turning your lighting down and increasing co2. manually try to remove what algae you can either manually or using h202 or excel as a temporary solution While you try to balance the co2, nutrients and lighting in your tank. good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts