The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having a few problems in my 75.

I'm fairly certain there's a deficiency and I want to order ferts, but want to make sure I get the right stuff to correct this problem.

I are first thought a nitrates deficiency but dosing Calmag didn't help.

Substrate is mostly ecocomplete (80lbs) with 20lbs Petco black sand. Been dosing Flourish and API Co2 daily. I added API root tabs 2 days ago....

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They have been in the tank Since March 23rd. The Cabomba, Limnophila, and Ludwiga have all shown new growth, but with distances between the leaves. I'm not sure the Vals have settled in yet as they aren't showing any runners, but I know they sometimes take there time (past experience).

Honestly I'm not even sure what that plant is, since none of the plants were labeled and some of them did not match what I ordered.

Cal-Mag does contain nitrates, albeit not as much as it should. I've been out of the hobby a few years so the side effects of cal-mag did not dawn on me until afterward. Cal-Mag was recommended by a local hydroponics store, and yes I know Hydroponics is different. I actually called them looking for KNo3.

Nitrates kept floating around 5ppm or less. I finally went down to Lowe's and picked up some Stump Remover (100% pure KNO3) and mixed it for the tank to get my nitrates up. Since then there has been improvements in all 3 tanks.

I'm ordering a GLA pack today w/ Iron as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.