The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 5.5 gallon betta tank I finally updated the lighting for and I was hoping for some plant/layout suggestions. The light is a clip on Finnex Planted+, low to medium light. The substrate is just plain white sand. I'm not dosing CO2, but am willing to dose excel. I'm also fine with dosing Flourish, Leaf Zone, and Osmocote Plus tabs, all of which I use in my 10 gallon.

The only plants in the tank right now are a small Marimo ball, two small Java ferns, an Amazon sword, and 3 anubias (one small bunch and two tall plants, all tied to rocks). I'll probably be getting some salvinia minima in the next week or so. Ideally I would like this tank to be heavily planted.

Does any one have any suggestions or tips? I would love to have some sort of carpet, but the Monte Carlo I tried in my other tank has been a failure so I'm not quite sure how to get a successful carpet. I also love the look of moss on spider wood, but would any mosses grow at a decent speed in my tank?

·
Banned
483 Posts
suggestions

Also have a 5 gallon - I like baby dwarf tears, dwarf hair grass and java fern. I run c02 in my tank, but the dwarf tears are doing great, and the java fern is covered head to toe in plantlets. I have some blyxa japonica which is pretty awesome too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLcqOU4UFW0

I have a 5.5 gallon betta tank I finally updated the lighting for and I was hoping for some plant/layout suggestions. The light is a clip on Finnex Planted+, low to medium light. The substrate is just plain white sand. I'm not dosing CO2, but am willing to dose excel. I'm also fine with dosing Flourish, Leaf Zone, and Osmocote Plus tabs, all of which I use in my 10 gallon.

The only plants in the tank right now are a small Marimo ball, two small Java ferns, an Amazon sword, and 3 anubias (one small bunch and two tall plants, all tied to rocks). I'll probably be getting some salvinia minima in the next week or so. Ideally I would like this tank to be heavily planted.

Does any one have any suggestions or tips? I would love to have some sort of carpet, but the Monte Carlo I tried in my other tank has been a failure so I'm not quite sure how to get a successful carpet. I also love the look of moss on spider wood, but would any mosses grow at a decent speed in my tank?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.