The Planted Tank Forum banner

Planning to hook my tanks up to a single sump (15, 5, planning a 40 gal), recommendations?

675 5
After I move in the summer I intend to set up a sump for all my tanks. I'm getting a heavy-duty shelf to put my two current tanks and a 40 on. I've got a fluvial 15, but I think I'm going to take the back compartment off of that as I feel it's a waste of space, and I'll add a DIY for the new intake and outtake. My other is a 5 gal running on a sponge filter. sump size for 60 fish gal of water? Filtration set ups (bio and mechanical).
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
4,882 Posts
This can be done if a bit finicky. I would run a 20 gallon high as a sump. For ease of setup I would probably have 3 different pumps, one for each tank. Making an overflow for a 5 gallon and 15 gallon would be interesting but doable if you have some decent diy skills. Not sure if there are out of box overflows that will work for a 5 gallon or not. Also will want to make sure the sidewalls on the 5 and 15 are not tempered before drilling.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.