The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yah, my shrimp tank now has planaria. I don't mind much so long as they aren't harmful to the shrimp or snails, but if they are, what can I do to get ride of them? The one I saw was relativly decent sized as well, at least 3/4 of an inch

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Yes, they can attack shrimp and should be wiped out. First, make sure they are planaria though. Lots of worms look like them but the planaria meds don't work on them, nor are they harmful. Planaria have a tell-tale triangle head on them.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^What the hell is that in the picture above????
And yah, I believe they have triangular heads. I'll try that thing you mentioned I guess, it sounds like a good idea.

·
Registered
205 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
I'll try and get pics, but all I can say is that these things are the size of adult RCS and are a red/brown in color.
That does not sound like planaria then. Please try to get pics. At least do tire best to describe their behavior and how they move. Google planaria and leaches, and see if they look like either of those.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.