The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So in my 55g tank, I have a Aquaclear 70 for surface agitation and a Eheim 2217 filter w/inline pressurized CO2. I've noticed that the back of my tank doesn't get much flow and there seems to be above average algae growth in that area. I was wondering if there's a better way to place my filters? I also have a Hydor nano 565 laying around but I don't know if i need it/where to place it.

Can anyone look at my setup and throw some recommendations for optimal water movement?

So the eheim intake and the HOB is on the left side of the tank. The eheim outlet is on the right side of the tank and the holes of the outlet are facing straight towards the front glass.

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would say both filters are pretty good at taking in debris. Every week there's a good amount of old plant leaves and what not on the inlets. I'm thinking about aiming the eheim outlet more towards the left (and towards the inlets) so i can get a left to right flow. Should i also put in the powerhead and point it to the left?

Also I'll definitely try the stick idea!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.