The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys, I had a question about where to place the check valves for DIY Co2. I am going to be using the schematic in this link below.

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=152916

The air lining in the 2 liters doesn't come into contact with the actual yeast/sugar mixture right? I read it is supposed to be a few inches above the actual liquid. (Please correct me if I am wrong)

This lining doesn't connect to the tank straight, so do I need the check valves between the 2 liters and the separator bottle or can I just place one between the separator bottle and the lining into the tank?
(The lining doesn't directly connect to the 2 liters, so I was wondering why are those check valves needed? Wouldn't I just need a valve between the separator bottle and tank to prevent siphoning of tank water into the bottle?

Thanks for the help guys!

·
Super Moderator
12,118 Posts
The air lining in the 2 liters doesn't come into contact with the actual yeast/sugar mixture right? I read it is supposed to be a few inches above the actual liquid. (Please correct me if I am wrong)
You are correct.

This lining doesn't connect to the tank straight, so do I need the check valves between the 2 liters and the separator bottle or can I just place one between the separator bottle and the lining into the tank?
I used to only use one check valve (between the aquarium and the separator bottle).

Hope this helps,

·
Registered
415 Posts
I personally use check valves between every bottle including between both yeast bottles, yeast bottles and drop checker, drop checker and tank.

The reason I do is that I alternate bottles that I change; bottle #1 this week and #2 next week to keep a more steady flow of CO2. When changing the bottles I don't want to lose the pressure that had already built up (takes too freaking long) and the check valves prevent any loss.

In short: Check valves prevent pressure loss.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
964 Posts
I personally use check valves between every bottle including between both yeast bottles, yeast bottles and drop checker, drop checker and tank.

The reason I do is that I alternate bottles that I change; bottle #1 this week and #2 next week to keep a more steady flow of CO2. When changing the bottles I don't want to lose the pressure that had already built up (takes too freaking long) and the check valves prevent any loss.

In short: Check valves prevent pressure loss.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

+1 to this. This is how I ran mine before I went pressurized. This way your system continues to bubble instead of having to wait for the entire thing to get up to speed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.