The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
normally not a good idea as they will introduce themeselfs into your surrounding areas and alot of our plants are very very invasive!! stick with your native plants for outdoor use or something that cant survive if it is released into the wild, ex: by you, a animal, a flood, a seed from it flowering, there are many things you need to look at as a whole. if its in a place of a controlled enviroment then ok but normally its not a wise plan.

·
Registered
433 Posts
In Texas, land of escaped aquarium plants? Please don't. There are lots of ways a plant can sneak its offspring out of your pond, and most are beyond your control.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
It wasn't long ago that Texas attempted to ban all aquatic plants, except those on a pre-approved list. Fortunately, they decided to look for a fairer solution instead.

Don't give them reason to reconsider their original plan. :)

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't have a pond, just wondering if it would be possible on the survivable side which I assume it would be. I live in an apt. in college. I was just wondering because I know h2oaggie found some plant (can't remember the name) in a lake around here and it is a banned plant here and everywhere else. Texas does seem to have a lot of escaped plants lol..especially the big problem with salvinia.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts