The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to get some of those red tailed sharks but im almost positive my piranhas will eat them... does anyone have any clue what could live with piranhas that are active and feed of the bottom of the tank besides plecos... gold fish do a good job for the 3-5 mins there alive :):)haha

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
maybe a crayfish or lobster...

try a cheap crayfish first... if he lives then get something nice...

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i would try a lobster or a crayfish BUT i have no lids on the tank so its to easy for them to get out and wonder around the house

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i only feed them gold fish once a month or so... i feed them raw chicken and shrimp and pellets to... i have also feed them superworms

·
Registered
322 Posts
Well its not hard to breed them. I use a sphagnum moss bedding. I bought some red wigglers from a local bait shop. They just breed on there own. All you do is feed them. The more you get the more babies they produce. I started out with 50. There like 2-3 bucks for 25. I might get a couple hundred more just to get a bigger stock.

Worm castings are worm poop. It's pretty much the best fertilizer you can get thats all natural/organic. Just mix a bunch in with potting soil for your flowers, garden, field crops etc. Very good stuff.

It's basically a compost. Throw your old vegetables, new vegetables what ever veggies you want to and the worms eat them.

I want to try and start culturing black worms to, for the smaller fish. Right now we go through a 1/4 lb a month. All fish love them lol. That's what we feed our baby redbellies and they go nuts. Same with baby peacock bass and discus. They slurp them down.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
o nice... seeing as i am breeding mealworms and super worms right not for my reptiles i might have to hold off but im going to keep this on mind ;] thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts