The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I unplugged my controller today while I changed out my Solenoids, and now when I turn it back on it is reading really low. The highest I can calibrate it to (using 7.01 calibration packets) is 5.5, then it stops letting me turn it.

I have tried unplugging and replugging but keeps doing it.

I thought about just calibrating it to 4.01 and remembering it is off by 3, but when calibrating to 4.01 fluid it reads around 3.5, so doesn't drop to 1.01 like I was hoping.

Also, I also have a Milwaukee Controller for my Reef and tested out my probe on it and it calibrated fine to 7.01. I then tried my Milwaukee probe on the Pinpoint and it also stopped at 5.5. So ruled out being a bad Probe. It is less than a year old anyway.

Any idea what could be wrong?

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
update: should have checked it again this morning before posting this.

It now reads fine, however once I calibrate it to 7.01 fluid it does not read correctly on 4.01. The controllers don't have both the high/low and 7.0 options like the Pinpoint reader. 4.01 reads at 4.35 or near.

Think I should trust the unit?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I had a similar problem with my pinpoint ph monitors and found out that I was picking up electrical interference from my light ballasts. I couldn't calibrate it with both 7.0 and 4.0 fluids either but when I plugged the ph monitor into a circuit in another room, it calibrated fine. Don't know if this is what's happening in your case or not. I ended up buying a Milwaukee controller and have not had one problem with it.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had a similar problem with my pinpoint ph monitors and found out that I was picking up electrical interference from my light ballasts. I couldn't calibrate it with both 7.0 and 4.0 fluids either but when I plugged the ph monitor into a circuit in another room, it calibrated fine. Don't know if this is what's happening in your case or not. I ended up buying a Milwaukee controller and have not had one problem with it.
Figured it out. The slope is for the 10/4 fluids, and the Calib is for the 7. Lesson learned on needing to read the instructions first :)

I used to get interference on my Pinpoint monitor (not the controller) when I bought the AC adapter, but when using batteries no longer got the interference.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts