The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there i currently have a 33 gal setup that have been accommodating 2 pictus catfish, i plan on getting a third as i know they are a schooling fish. anyways the tank looks a lil bare and i am having a bit of trouble finding a list of fish that would work well with my pictus catfish. i know that i really want a black ghost knife fish, would this work well with my pictus catfish? if not thats okay i can figure something out for later about that. but does anybody have any knowledge of what fish are compatable with my pictus catfish? the more suggestions the better :D

thanks!

·
Fresh Fish Freak
24,403 Posts
IMO your tank is really too small for a school of Pictus (and they are schooling catfish so really need to be kept in a group of at least 5 or so...) A 55gal would be better, and then you could also choose some larger schooling fish that are less likely to be eaten by them.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes i know a 33 gal is too small for pictus however mine are still babies and are only about 2 inches long, so they will be good in there for awhile yet along with a few other fish that i have not purchased yet, i will be upgrading to a 140gal in about 4 months time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.