The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
imageshack.us.

I've seen many photos from other websites like photobucket and flickr go away. which is annoying and it especially happens in older entries. They just don't work. I've never seen an image from imageshack that went away which is why I use them.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
No offense Sandie, from this side I dislike Imageshack. It seems like photos from users hosting with them take three times as long to load as from other sites, almost as if their servers are severely overloaded.

I suspect the reason the Photobucket images "go away" is because it's so easy to move the photos around among different directories. You move them or re-name them, you change the URL and thus break the link. I try to resist the temptation of moving stuff in my directories as I know I've got many of them posted on forums.

Rex is absolutely correct, just about everybody has space available with their ISP although depending on what software you decide to use to upload your photos, you may need to be a bit tech savvy to do that.

Personally I like www.photobucket.com, although one thing they don't have which I wish they did is space for an involved photo description. Captions only. I believe that www.webshots.com does have that however.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I've never had a picture disappear from Photobucket in the 4+ years I've held the account. Granted, I don't keep many photos on my account, possibly only a few dozen at a time.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I've been using Photobucket for quite a long time. I currently have 535 pictures and 7 videos (five over 30MB) on my account. The only time I have a problem is, of course, when the site goes down. Other than that it's simply copy and paste the image tags into your post and you have a posted picture!

Heck the oldest picture in there was uploaded the day after I graduated, nearly 3 years ago.

Did I mention it was free? Yeah, can't beat that.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I use my own internet connection. Setup a server on your lan, turn on IIS (web hosting software built into Win2k3 Server). Register for free domain name using Dyndns.org.

Never have to worry about broken links unless I delete the pics, which I don't do. Been doing that for years!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.