The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, these are some of my crystal red coming from japan....
do you see something strange?
Somebody told me that is a parassite but i didn't find anything..

The only thing that i can say is that these black "dots" appeared in some of crystal coming from japan, and when i put them in my thank, it appeared also to mine previous crystal red (only in two of them)

So, what i have to do??

these are the pictures o shrimps..

www.invertebrati.info/illcr/Immagine1969.jpg
www.invertebrati.info/illcr/Immagine1973.jpg
www.invertebrati.info/illcr/Immagine1983.jpg
www.invertebrati.info/illcr/Immagine2002.jpg

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, water parameters are not important because the shrimps are in my thanks and in a friend of mine (we are distant 400 km).

Anyway, the black things appeared only after the arrival of the japanese shrimps, so it is not a water problem.

Anyway i use bottled water, i have co2 and pH is 7 and KH 6 (perfect values)

The problem is not water, is the fact that the japanes shrimps come in my tanks and this black things appeared also to other shrimps

bye!:)

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Hi, these are some of my crystal red coming from japan....
do you see something strange?
Somebody told me that is a parassite but i didn't find anything..

The only thing that i can say is that these black "dots" appeared in some of crystal coming from japan, and when i put them in my thank, it appeared also to mine previous crystal red (only in two of them)

So, what i have to do??

these are the pictures o shrimps..

www.invertebrati.info/illcr/Immagine1969.jpg
www.invertebrati.info/illcr/Immagine1973.jpg
www.invertebrati.info/illcr/Immagine1983.jpg
www.invertebrati.info/illcr/Immagine2002.jpg

The only thing you can do is change water and remove infected CRS from tank.

I am not sure if it is a parasite or not...but it does look like the CRS has something dark colored in it that should not be there. I assume the last picture is the infected shrimp when dead.

Good luck

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Hi, water parameters are not important because the shrimps are in my thanks and in a friend of mine (we are distant 400 km).

Anyway, the black things appeared only after the arrival of the japanese shrimps, so it is not a water problem.

Anyway i use bottled water, i have co2 and pH is 7 and KH 6 (perfect values)

The problem is not water, is the fact that the japanes shrimps come in my tanks and this black things appeared also to other shrimps

bye!:)
Have to agree...read my post above. There is not much information about parasites in ornamental shrimp. Maybe you can post what information you have regarding this parasite.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
That last one looks kinda cool....

I think it's appropriate to list water params and the tank they are in when asking for help. It could be something wrong with them from Japan or it could be something in your water. It could also be that the water in Japan is so different from other places that when the shrimp are moved overseas or what not they don't adapt well to their new enviroment.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
That last one looks kinda cool....

I think it's appropriate to list water params and the tank they are in when asking for help. It could be something wrong with them from Japan or it could be something in your water. It could also be that the water in Japan is so different from other places that when the shrimp are moved overseas or what not they don't adapt well to their new enviroment.
I would say that water parameters in his tanks has nothing to do with this.
The shrimp came with that, so how would his tank parameters help in telling him how to help him...for his question, I retype again, water parameters are not necessary or important.

cheers

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The only thing you can do is change water and remove infected CRS from tank.

I am not sure if it is a parasite or not...but it does look like the CRS has something dark colored in it that should not be there. I assume the last picture is the infected shrimp when dead.

Good luck
You assume wrong :biggrin: ....the last picture is a grade SS alive, coming from gabeszone (like other shrimps)....And it is ALIVE..:(

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I don't know anything about CRS, but it just looks like some kind of pigmentation. You mentioned that the black spots appeared after the arrival. How soon after? Maybe something you have been feeding them?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i try to explain better: :)

1) the black dots were present in japanese shrimps when they arrived, the photo you see come from two different tanks but they're only japanese shrimps

2)when i put these shrimps whith other crystal that i have, black dots compared also on them (on 2 of them), so i think it is something like illness that can pass from a shrimp to another...

·
Registered
452 Posts
I have heard that there is a CRS plague going around like hot cake in Asia. I assume this is it. Even Silane was affected, but he stopped his sales when he was. I can only assume your seller was affected too, but yet he still sold them.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I have heard that there is a CRS plague going around like hot cake in Asia. I assume this is it. Even Silane was affected, but he stopped his sales when he was. I can only assume your seller was affected too, but yet he still sold them.
Diana, do you have any more info on this? Any where I can find out more?

·
Registered
452 Posts
Not sure exactly where to get more information on this disease, nor about the cure.

You can try checking the shrimpnow.com forum, but I'm going to be surprised if you can cure this. Many of the major breeders/sellers in Asia are having trouble with their sales because of this.

Edit: Seems that you found the thread with your question already.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Sorry to hear about this. I am not buying anymore shrimp from over seas for quite a while. There are plenty of CRS breeders that do not charge much more more then over seas breeders. Please keep us up to date on your situation. Good Luck :)

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
I've also heard this, didn't know Silane was affected though!

may be this site can help you out.
http://www.petshrimp.com/
Heh, thats a longshot.

Stick to shrimpnow.com or planetinverts (right now shrimpnow.com is your best bet probably)

Good luck,
-Andrew

1 - 20 of 43 Posts