The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
150 planted with various plants...gravel substrate, (thinking of changing substrate).

6.6 ph, water hard (trying to get it lower.

82deg 4 pc 65w 6700k

pressured c02 with diffuser and Ph controller

40 neon tets, 5 gold tets, 2 bumble bee cats, 2 cobra skin /2 blue diamond discus, 2 small clown loaches, 1 gold ancistrus 3 danios

Attachments

·
Fresh Fish Freak
24,403 Posts
Plants from top to bottom:

The top plant looks like it's transitioning from emersed to submerged growth... I'm going to guess it's a Hygrophila, though I'm not at all sure.

2nd pic, lacy one is Cabomba caroliniana, the one to the right of the Cabomba is Bacopa caroliniana.

3rd down, do those plants have bulbs at the bottom? B/c they look more like Onion plants than Vallisnerias... If they've got bulbs, you need to pull them up some so about 1/2 of the bulb is showing. If they're just rooted, then they're Vallisnerias. (I think you may have some of each??)

4th, Ludwigia repens. If you start trimming down and replanting those stems, you'll grow a thicket much more quickly.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL Laural, your a plant guru for sure..lol. Yeah, i planted the water onion to deep, and yes..next to the Vallisnerias. I'm going to trim those you mentioned down. After i change substrate..lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.