The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are the RCS and a few CRS:

This 14 gallon Bio-Cube tank was drilled so my RO waste water goes in the tank and overflows into the kitchen sink. So no manual water changes.

And the Hawaiian volcano shrimp, other wise known as Opea Ula:

It's been set up almost 6 months. No water changes, just top off RO water. I have a plexiglass cover on it so it doesn't evaporate much (3/8" gap between the cover and 12" tank for air). S.G 1.015 no lights no heater. Tiny bit of food twice a month. Only 7 shrimp. No reproduction. I got the tank and dried coral from eBay. Two Little Fishes NanoMag for cleaning algae film (not much). No direct sunlight.

Strange red fuzzy growth:

·
Opae Ula Crazed.
1,408 Posts
Nice tanks. Love Opae Ula and Sponge Bob Squarepants!

Guessing that you have some cool red algae with the opae.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all! I'm glad the red algae grows very very slowly. It almost looks like the Sea Fan is alive. There are also some very small snails that appeared. They are 1 to 3 mm big. I'm not sure where they came from as the sand was dead Petco white sand and the shell was in a snail-less tank for years. Maybe from the dried Black Sea Fan?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.