The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
How beautiful! I absolutely love it! Did you place this in the wall yourselves or did you have a private company do it? I've got one space in my home that I'd love try this, but it seems so intimidating.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How beautiful! I absolutely love it! Did you place this in the wall yourselves or did you have a private company do it? I've got one space in my home that I'd love try this, but it seems so intimidating.
Hi Boz,
I did not build the tank, it is my Hubby that did all the work. You can ask him, he is a Member of this forum as well. He is more into Reef.
He even built the tank. Today or tomorrow, he is going to install the CO2 for me then hopefully the plants will flourish. There is also a 30 gallon sump that goes with this 20 gallon tank.
Thank you for your nice comment.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I can't wait to see how it progresses, terri. You have some very nice plants in there. What type of lighting are you using?

Can I borrow your spouse to build mine? I'll trade you my spouse. He's not handy, but he's a good cook! ;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can't wait to see how it progresses, terri. You have some very nice plants in there. What type of lighting are you using?

Can I borrow your spouse to build mine? I'll trade you my spouse. He's not handy, but he's a good cook! ;)
:icon_lol: that is so cute.
Sure you can borrow him, he is pretty handy around the house and also an excellent cook as well.
The tank is very slim, it is 42 ins in length, 16 ins in height and 6 1/2 ins in width.We use two Coralife Compact Fluorescent tubes, 55 Watts and 22 ins each.
As for the plants, I depended on the Aquarium store to select what plants are good for Beginners.
I will keep you posted about my tank.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
With a 20G tank and 110W you have 5.5WPG and CO2. I think you can grow just about anything you want to depending on your water and what you want to do for ferts.

How do you get in the tank to mess with it? Door on the other side?

Are you worried about water problems?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
With a 20G tank and 110W you have 5.5WPG and CO2. I think you can grow just about anything you want to depending on your water and what you want to do for ferts.

How do you get in the tank to mess with it? Door on the other side?

Are you worried about water problems?
Yes, the door is on the other side of the tank and above it. So the top border is bigger then the other three sides. I just have to lift it up and I can put my hand in. That is why the borders are painted the same colour as the wall so that it is not so conspicious.
Can you recommend any good ferts for my tank? The substrate that I used is Seachem Flourish. I am trying to maintain my PH to 7.6 and KH to 4 in my water.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.