The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a plastic container that I want to experiment with. I want to try and grow some moss and ferns in this container. The measurement is as:

L-6.5"
W-6.5"
H-6.5"

I might be a little off but it has kinda a wierd look to it lol. What size(gallons or liters) would it bewith the measurements given. What kind of fish can go in there?

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Woohoo! Everyone is getting pico fever!
Around 1.19 gallons. Actually it's pretty close to the size of my pico.(see thread-Lil green aquavase)
What kind of fish do you want?
I am thinking about Scarlet badis or pygmy gouramies with a pygmy cory and a few cherry shrimp. May be extreme overstock, but what the hell, its a pico.

Right now i have an oto, and 2 female cherry shrimp in mine for algae battling.

One tip, get that 10 gallon at the point you like 1st. I found myself designing 3 tanks at once, and was overwhelmed. I ended up leting 2 go nuts with algae while i got the other done, then i worked on the next and the next.

If you do get the pico up, that petite nana may look better in it than in the 10.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Yea, much easier to control, although i have to admit, i am lovin the 2 cup water changes!

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Hehe, thats what i did with the tiny pico i just made"i'm just seeing how small i could make one"
It's really starting to grow on me though.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Yea, i would've made it better,but it is opaque(not completely clear)
Also, there arent even many plants that could go good in there.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
This is a conversation between two people lol. It's like slow AIM!! I would just go with shrimp or some cool nano fish such as microrasboras or Dario dario.

Some HC might be nice with the tank. I've seen GREAT tanks with HC and I'm one of the people trying to grow HC. So far so good in Aquasoil, but not so well in flourite...

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Hi

I got a plastic container that I want to experiment with. I want to try and grow some moss and ferns in this container. The measurement is as:

L-6.5"
W-6.5"
H-6.5"

I might be a little off but it has kinda a wierd look to it lol. What size(gallons or liters) would it bewith the measurements given. What kind of fish can go in there?
If i were you i would just stick with the 10 gallon you settign up now. Because you are a newbi and a 10 gallon can be a pain in the a$$ to keep blanced even for more people with more exprience.

So starting another one even smaller idea should be put on the shelf for now untill you know for sure the you have the 10 gallon blanced and can keep it blanced.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Yea, this isn't the first time i have used a forum for im.
I am (slowly)growing HC in regular sand. I Can't really see any growth, but they arent melting or anything either. I think they are getting used to the conditions.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts