The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My partner and I have become avid kayakers, and winters seem so long until we can get back out on the water and look for critters. So I have set up a river tank in our living/dining room:

Water Plant community Green Nature Rectangle

Current inhabitants are lampeye killifish, nerite snails, and green rili shrimp.
Soon to be adding pygmy cory, and a couple of brazos crayfish.
Hopefully eventually we can support a vampire fan shrimp in there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice looking tank. I really like that wood. What are the dimensions of the aquarium?
Thanks! The aquarium is a Fluval Flex 32; it's 32.5 x 15.35 x 15.75". The wood is from Lake Huron.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Nice tank. Only thing I can add is that I'm not familiar with that species of cray, but I'd be hesitant to put it in there. Most species of crays are fairly destructive. I'd hate to see all that work end up torn up.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice tank. Only thing I can add is that I'm not familiar with that species of cray, but I'd be hesitant to put it in there. Most species of crays are fairly destructive. I'd hate to see all that work end up torn up.
Thanks for the warning! These guys are pretty small (1.5 inches max), but I can be prepared to move them to another tank if they are a problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts