The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new addiction :icon_roll

Angle is a bit off, as its hard to tell that the back left corner slopes upwards, and that theres a nice pond in the bottom right, but hey, you get the drift. Tank is an exo terra and is 45cm by 45cm by 60cm (yeah, we use the metric system here lol)

This is to house my whistling tree frogs (aka Brown Tree frog: Litoria ewingii). I have two young adults, and just purchased 6 recently morphed froglets. Here in NZ we have some native frogs (which are rare and you can't keep as pets) and 2 introduced species, the Green and Golden Bell Frog and the Whistling Tree Frog. The whistlers only get to 4.5cm max in size, and males make cricket-like chirping calls at night.

Adults:

and one of the youngsters:

I hope the pics aren't too huge, not sure how to resize them...

Anyway, hope you like :)

Cheers,
Rozski

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers for the comments :D

Bit slack with misting, as they are tree frogs. Only just got a spray bottle to do misting and it immediately broke lol, so back to square one.

Also, I build the ungrateful sods a lovely habitat, and all of them climb up to the top during the day and sit on the top of the polystyrene background between it and the mesh top *rolls eyes*

Just chucked a whole heap of fruit flies in, and one is hunting at the front of the tank :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sadly, not till they are adults I think. Someone had theirs for 2 years before it started whistling at night. I hope mine don't take that long!

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Not that you would want to ever keep them (They get huge!), but you might be able to keep the bullfrogs that have invaded if regulations allow it.
The bullfrog is very very invasive and predatory and will even eat smaller native frogs. We're having a problem with it here and at the Vancouver Aquarium where I work, we are constantly trying to raise awareness about them.
They are really really cool looking though, but very very invasive.

Your frogs are so cute! How hard are they to keep? I have been wanting to set up an Exo-Terra for a while but have no idea where to even start. I'm sorta scared to even attempt it.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Hey, this is awesome!

My boyfriend just got me an exoterra for my crested gecko and I'd love to put a pond in, I was wondering if you could tell me how you did yours? I'm trying to gather info on it! :)

Your viv looks great!

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Wow that looks great.. awesome pics too!! I'm surprised the guy doesn't jump from the camera

My new addiction :icon_roll

Angle is a bit off, as its hard to tell that the back left corner slopes upwards, and that theres a nice pond in the bottom right, but hey, you get the drift. Tank is an exo terra and is 45cm by 45cm by 60cm (yeah, we use the metric system here lol)

This is to house my whistling tree frogs (aka Brown Tree frog: Litoria ewingii). I have two young adults, and just purchased 6 recently morphed froglets. Here in NZ we have some native frogs (which are rare and you can't keep as pets) and 2 introduced species, the Green and Golden Bell Frog and the Whistling Tree Frog. The whistlers only get to 4.5cm max in size, and males make cricket-like chirping calls at night.

Adults:

and one of the youngsters:

I hope the pics aren't too huge, not sure how to resize them...

Anyway, hope you like :)

Cheers,
Rozski

1 - 9 of 9 Posts