The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure everyone gets those phishing scam emails. We never give them the info they request, of course!!

Every so often I'm just so tempted to complete one with totally crap info. Like the phone number to the FBI or something. :hihi:

Just curious, has anyone done this?

·
Aroid Addict
3,493 Posts
Hahaha oh man, you should totally do that.

I actually got one of those once that asked for my SS#, and credit card # and info. Seriously, how dumb do they think we are?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One told me that I was awarded some money because I was a victim of a phishing scam ............... yeah, right!!

ROTFLMAO .............

·
Super Moderator
12,014 Posts
Indeed, the point is they send out millions of those phishing e-mails everyday. If even 0.1% of those million people that receive these e-mails respond, the scammers have already got money in their pocket.

·
Aroid Addict
3,493 Posts
If it didn't work they wouldn't have kept at it. ;)
That is true. I can't believe that people fall for things like this, but they do. I got one today saying that a Nigerian prince picked me to inherit his $7M fortune ;)

·
Premium Member
1,323 Posts
I would certainly not reply to any type of scam because your email address will end up in databases you don't want it to be in. ;)

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I would certainly not reply to any type of scam because your email address will end up in databases you don't want it to be in. ;)
If you got one you're already on the list.

·
Premium Member
1,323 Posts
Well, not necessarily. Many spammers maintain high-quality lists of live and active email addresses, which have a higher yield than automatically harvested lists.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
New one for today! LMAO

FROM DR. LOUIS GOODMAN DIPLOMATIC DIRECTOR GENERALL OFFICER CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA CBN Attn: Beneficiary,This Is To Notify You That After Our Meeting Today With The President, Accountant General Of The Federation, Office Of The Senate House, And House Of Representatives We Came To A Conclusion That We Have To Pay You The Sum Of .TEN MILLION SEVEN HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS ONLY,As Your Contract Entitlement. The Payment Will Come To You Via Diplomatic Courier Service Delivery Agency; Therefore You Are To Re-Confirm The Following Information: 1. Your full name 2. Full address(street address, city, state, zip code and country) 3. Direct Phone 4. Occupation, age and marital status 5. Copy of drivers license for identification 6. Nearest Airport Yours Sincerely, MR. LOUIS GOODMAN DIPLOMATIC DIRECTOR GENERALL OFFICER 234 8136076779‏

THIS IS BETTER THAN THE LOTTERY!!

·
Registered
9,774 Posts
FROM DR. LOUIS GOODMAN DIPLOMATIC DIRECTOR GENERALL OFFICER CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA CBN Attn: Beneficiary,This Is To Notify You That After Our Meeting Today With The President, Accountant General Of The Federation, Office Of The Senate House, And House Of Representatives We Came To A Conclusion That We Have To Pay You The Sum Of .TEN MILLION SEVEN HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS ONLY,As Your Contract Entitlement. The Payment Will Come To You Via Diplomatic Courier Service Delivery Agency; Therefore You Are To Re-Confirm The Following Information: 1. Your full name 2. Full address(street address, city, state, zip code and country) 3. Direct Phone 4. Occupation, age and marital status 5. Copy of drivers license for identification 6. Nearest Airport Yours Sincerely, MR. LOUIS GOODMAN DIPLOMATIC DIRECTOR GENERALL OFFICER 234 8136076779‏

THIS IS BETTER THAN THE LOTTERY!!

May as well just send them cash while your giving all that away. :icon_mrgr

1 - 16 of 16 Posts