The Planted Tank Forum banner

3081 - 3100 of 3105 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
I'm transitioning my fish from a Fluval Flex 15 over to another tank over the next 2-3 weeks. The tank is (obviously) fully cycled and has been running for about 1.5 years. $40 for local pickup in Lower Bucks. Please PM me if interested.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I checked my tanks at home, and I've got plenty of hornwort. Likely a good idea to thin it out a bit anyway so some light can get to my other plants

·
Registered
705 Posts
I have the 'mini' version, and I'd be happy to give some away but would prefer waiting a bit once my hair algae isn't creeping out on it. I could bring it to work in Plymouth Meeting if you did want to grab it at some point in the future.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
I have the 'mini' version, and I'd be happy to give some away but would prefer waiting a bit once my hair algae isn't creeping out on it. I could bring it to work in Plymouth Meeting if you did want to grab it at some point in the future.

Excellent. Let me know when your algae problem is cleared up and we’ll see what we can arrange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Closet Cleanout:

Have some equipment and miscellaneous supplies

EQUIPMENT:
Marineland Maxi-jet 400
Top Fin Powerhead 30
2x 120GPH Little Giant pumps
75GPH pump
Top Fin Air Pump 500(?) one output
Aqueon Preset 150W Heater
Tetra 100W Preset Heater
Tetra 50W Preset Heater
AGA 5.5G w/ glass top
2x10Gs
50ish pound bag of ash river rock (black)
net breeder box

PLANTS:
Hygrophila corymbosa
Echinodorus amazonicus

Possibly open to trades

Located in Philadelphia

·
Registered
288 Posts
Hello,

I have some crypt nurri (Rosen maiden?) and some wendtii bronze that I would like to clear out from my tank for a rescape.

Nurii $5 each
Wendtii bronze $4 each

https://imgur.com/a/ABxM6IA

I am open to offers too.

Malvern area, Plymouth Meeting week days for pick up

·
Registered
705 Posts
A copy from my journal, but lots of stuff including some nice fish available:

Long time no post, and sorry, but it's not a positive update.

When I had my last 75g planted tank a move is what prompted breaking everything down and moving on, but what made that decision easy was that despite any amount of time, money, or effort I could not, for the life of me, get the CO2 part of the equation to work as it should.

Unfortunately that has happened again. I tried as best I could, and everyone here was fantastic and helpful, but at the end of the day I just could not master things. Over time I went from irritated to angry to depressed about it and eventually let the tank go "low-tech" as I just gave up on the CO2.

The good news is a good number of fish, some of which have developed into some beautiful rainbows have survived and done well. The bad news is today after a loooong overdue cleaning of my filters one of the seals went on the one and by the time I caught it I had water damage on the bottom of my stand and seeping out over the floors.

I know at this point I don't have the heart to get everything back up and running well so I'm throwing in the white flag. That said I very much want these fish to have a good new home if possible, a nice assortment of Rainbows, Burmese Border Loaches, and Snakeskin Barbs. If I can't find anyone who can move on them short term I will donate them to a local LFS. The fish wouldn't still be alive and well today if it wasn't for this place and anyone who wants them can have them freely.

After the fish are out I'll of course look to sell off the equipment, and will do liberally to anyone here, especially for local pickup or easily shipped items.

I have one good filter, plenty of media, two good 4' lights, all the CO2 stuff including a controller and extra CO2 tank, homemade reactor, 75g tank and stand, and plenty of other odds and ends.

First order is the fish though, hoping someone has a home ready for them.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Rush, I've no space for the animals in my little 29g, I'm already overstocked. I'm about 45 minutes from you in the Philly burbs, so when it comes time to sell the gear, I'd be interested. Depending on your price for the tank and stand, I may be able to sell my wife on letting me start a second tank, which has been a hard no for a while. But I don't know how I could hold your fish in health while I set up and cycled a new tank.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I will take them.

Hi Rush3737,
I have a 55 gallon heavily planted tank that still have room. I would take the fish.
Sent you a PM.

Hope to hear from you soon.

- Summer.

A copy from my journal, but lots of stuff including some nice fish available:

Long time no post, and sorry, but it's not a positive update.

When I had my last 75g planted tank a move is what prompted breaking everything down and moving on, but what made that decision easy was that despite any amount of time, money, or effort I could not, for the life of me, get the CO2 part of the equation to work as it should.

Unfortunately that has happened again. I tried as best I could, and everyone here was fantastic and helpful, but at the end of the day I just could not master things. Over time I went from irritated to angry to depressed about it and eventually let the tank go "low-tech" as I just gave up on the CO2.

The good news is a good number of fish, some of which have developed into some beautiful rainbows have survived and done well. The bad news is today after a loooong overdue cleaning of my filters one of the seals went on the one and by the time I caught it I had water damage on the bottom of my stand and seeping out over the floors.

I know at this point I don't have the heart to get everything back up and running well so I'm throwing in the white flag. That said I very much want these fish to have a good new home if possible, a nice assortment of Rainbows, Burmese Border Loaches, and Snakeskin Barbs. If I can't find anyone who can move on them short term I will donate them to a local LFS. The fish wouldn't still be alive and well today if it wasn't for this place and anyone who wants them can have them freely.

After the fish are out I'll of course look to sell off the equipment, and will do liberally to anyone here, especially for local pickup or easily shipped items.

I have one good filter, plenty of media, two good 4' lights, all the CO2 stuff including a controller and extra CO2 tank, homemade reactor, 75g tank and stand, and plenty of other odds and ends.

First order is the fish though, hoping someone has a home ready for them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Help Needed!

I'm moving and can't bring my 56g planted with me :( :( :(

For reference it's the tank here: https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/...ll-move-rescape-newbies-1-year-anniv-56k.html
(I no longer have access to that account)

I've managed to re-home most of the fauna, but there's still 1 large angel and 2 medium plecos who need a new home. I don't know the L-number, but these plecos actually are good algae eaters!

I'd also like to sell or give away plants and equipment.
I have Anubias, Rotala, and Crypts that are all descendants of the colonies in the pictures above - almost 15 years old now!

Equipment:
Milwaukee CO2 regulator + solenoid + bubble counter
Red Sea CO2 regulator
Aqua Medic 500 CO2 reactor
2x 5lb tanks
Fluval 305 canister filter
2x LED bars
2 large driftwood stumps w/slate bottoms.

The biggest thing is the 56G tank + stand, I'll gladly give away to a good home. I'd hate to have to put that out on the street.
Located across the Ben Franklin bridge in Jersey, but I'm frequently in the city and out on the Main Line.

Let me know if you can take any of the above, or know anyone who might be interested, or know any other good places to post this. (Facebook groups seem really hit or miss.)

·
Registered
43 Posts
I would love to take some or all of this, as I've been dying to start a second tank. I can possible make room for the animals, in my tank by returning fish to my LFS. The plants could shack up temporarily there too. Some of the pics from that old post are missing. Do you have shots of the whole tank and stand?

I have minimal funds for any of it, so maybe hold for a while to see if a buyer comes by....

Reactions: Timothy Optional B

·
Registered
4 Posts
The plants are
crypt. wendtii
rotala indica
anubias nana

Lots of crypts and rotala. I think there are two anubias rhizomes.

The CO2 has been off for a couple years now and they've adjusted nicely to the low-tech set up.

I can try to get some better pictures up.

·
Registered
862 Posts
hi
im looking for floating plants, large amount of java fern, lots of anubias,pearl weed, albino longfin or albino plecos, guppies, crs, blue dream or blue shrimps!!!
i been at home for a month setting up my tanks... all of my tanks running about two weeks by now :)

3081 - 3100 of 3105 Posts