The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
Yeah, you even get a multifunction one that does both pH and TDS, doubt it will even cost you $15.

Don't even think mine took 10 working days from hong kong.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Even the cheapies on fleabay are reasonably accurate if you calibrate it properly and store it according to instructions.
Good. I saw some for $50-$100 & thought that was kinda out there.

Don't mean to intrude on the thread, but how about TDS pens as well? Are the cheapest ones on ebay or amazon reasonably accurate?
No intrusion.....good question.

Yeah, you even get a multifunction one that does both pH and TDS, doubt it will even cost you $15.

Don't even think mine took 10 working days from hong kong.
I bought a TDS pen a couple of months ago......wishing now I had bought the ph/TDS combo.

·
Registered
160 Posts
i have both, TDS and pH, don't remember how much I paid but they were around $10 - $15 each.

had them for about 3 months, they seem pretty accurate. I haven't done any calibration yet, just wash them with tap water.

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
I think my TDS one just calibrates with distilled water and the pH pen came with a pH 4 solution... they have a little screw you turn to adjust them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.