The Planted Tank Forum banner

161 - 170 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
biOrb LIFE 45 L, planted, EI dosing, CO2 injected
18 Posts
Also - the drop checker right before Co2 goes on is greeny/blue. When Co2 goes on then it takes around 4hrs to get light green. Could that be an issue?
This is ok. There's about a 2 hour lag between the DC and the actual levels so if you have the CO2 come on 2 hours before the lights come on with this set-up you should be good. You can turn the CO2 off maybe 4 hours before the lights are scheduled to turn off to let the plants consume it up while the lights are on.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Staghorn is usually due to ammonia, low flow, and nutrient imbalances, all of which you're experienced in the last few weeks.

Algae Guide Green Aqua

As far as the CO2, a drop checker is not the best way to measure. You should take the pH of fully degassed tank water, and then check again at lights on. You want to have a full 1 point drop in pH by the time the lights come on, and you want to hold it there through the day.

A drop checker is only telling you what your CO2 was like a few hours ago, but it doesn't tell you anything about what your CO2 is at right now.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #164 ·
full point drop is from 7 to 6 or 7 to 6.9?

Also If I remove manually the staghorn from on wood and stone.. Would the staghorn which comes off hook onto a plant or wood and continue manifesting? Or once its off the surface area its "dead"?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #168 ·
Was hoping the shrimps eat it and clear it out :)
Hoping that now the aquarium balances out and ill be done with this saga

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
full point drop is from 7 to 6 or 7 to 6.9?

Also If I remove manually the staghorn from on wood and stone.. Would the staghorn which comes off hook onto a plant or wood and continue manifesting? Or once its off the surface area its "dead"?
full point, as in 7.0 - 6.0

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #170 ·
I'm hopefully getting my professional and hopefully accurate PH tester this week so will be able to test that better..

161 - 170 of 170 Posts