The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you use them in conjunction to your co2 set ups... What are your experiences, how do they work, are they really worth it??? They seem pretty expensive

·
Registered
386 Posts
I use them and i wouldn't go back. I have the milwaukee and pinpoint ph controllers. The milwaukee is very easy to setup and use. The pinpoint is not quite so straight forward, but it gives you more precise controll . Love them both to be honest

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mind if I ask what it ran you guys for $$? Pm me ( I won't tell your wives or hubbys)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I broke down and got a neptune Apex so.....800ish. I wanted to control everything I could.

If all you want is just a pH controller it won't cost you near that. Maybe around $150 or so.
😳😳 I just don't really know what to look for.... Nothing crazy all I want to use it for is my co2 system

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Premium Member
75g, 40g, 20g
3,848 Posts
Well, I am currently running (1) Milwaukee pH controller. It is connected to my 75g tank. Sitting next to the 75g is the wife's 40g tank. There is no pH controller on her tank.
I have one cO2 tank with a very nice regulator and dual solenoids/metering valves. It is nice having the pH controller to see how the pH level is doing, but, now that I have gotten comfortable with what each tanks bubble rate looks like I find myself checking her tanks pH level less and less. Having the safety factor of the pH controller is nice, but I am now leaning towards setting the controller .2 or .3 lower than I actually need.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.