The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my six yr old has informed me that he doesn't like fish and wants to get rid of all his angels and have only shrimp and snails in his tank. Of course he chose PFR's as his favorite.

Tap is 160 tds
Ph 8.2
Kh 9
Gh 1-2

Short of getting a rodi unit would it even be possible?

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
My tap is about 180, ph 8, gh 8, kh 6 and my fire reds are thriving in it. Are you sure your gH is only 1-2? If so, you might want to get something to boost the gH a little bit with water changes. Considering you already have some gH in there, you only need toboost it a few more degrees and a bottle of fluval Mineral plus or something would last a while for doing small water changes on a small tank. I would double check the gH though to be sure.

·
Registered
154 Posts
pfr are pretty hardy
my water is
tds-210
ph-7
kh-1-2
gh around 12-14 cant remember.

my tank has gone through some temp changes, after sandy hit i lost electricity. didnt have light, filter, or any water changes done for pretty much a whole week. no casualties. pfr take it in stride and still breed. had my first batch around maybe 2 weeks ago? have 3 new berried females i just noticed. tank is pretty small too 8in cube, so considering how "hard" it is to keep things stable in such a small volume of water its worked out! Since your tank is big enough to house angels, then im guessing water parameters will be fairly stable.
Only suggestion is get lots of moss!
You should definitely not have any trouble keeping them. What size is the tank you will be housing the shrimp in?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.