The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 214 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody here used the entire line of pfertz? how do you like it?

Anybody have experience with ADA liquid ferts? I don't mind paying $80, I am just wondering if people like the results from ADA ferts.

I am thinking since I already have the entire ADA substrate system (New Aquasoil, Powersand, Penacs, etc etc) I should go with the ADA. What do you guys think?

I do not want to use DIY or dry fertz. I just want to pump and go. I am to busy for all that stuff.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have no experience with ADA's fertilizers, but I use Pfertz on both my tanks. It seems to work well.

I give one squirt of each bottle twice a week. Each bottle will probably last me about two years, so it works out to be much cheaper than Seachem ferts.
Yea I been reading good hings about Pfertz compared to the ADA fertz.

Only twice a week? Is that because you have a small tank?

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just mixed up my dry ferts into a solution took all of a minute or two to do it.
That is interesting. I just did not want to do all the mixing and diluting work, even though it only takes a few minutes to do. I like the idea of just pumping out fertz in a nice bottle.. lol...

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Only twice a week? Is that because you have a small tank?
That, plus they're not too heavily planted - just carpet plants (they're both iwagumi style).

You really don't need to dose more than once every 2-3 days. You can control the dosage amount (based on tank size) by adjusting the number of squirts each time.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
I just mixed up my dry ferts into a solution took all of a minute or two to do it.
fert dosing bottles make things even simpler than pumping that liquid soap bottles. just squeze and pour. plus you can wash and reuse the bottle. much cheaper and easyier than paying for water to be shipped to your house every few months.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I am to busy for all that stuff.
Spoken like a true New Yorker!

I use rootmedic liquid ferts and root tabs and have been happy. If you haven't already consider them I would recommend you do. 'Overstocked' runs the company, is very active on the forum, and has always been great to deal with in my experience.

In any event, whether you go with Pfertz, ADA, or Rootmedic, I think the products are going to be similarly good.

I don't know about ADA, but Rootmedic uses less bottles than Pfertz, so if you're really concerned with time, it's 2 bottles to dose all nutrients vs 4 bottles for Pfertz.

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
fert dosing bottles make things even simpler than pumping that liquid soap bottles. just squeze and pour. plus you can wash and reuse the bottle. much cheaper and easyier than paying for water to be shipped to your house every few months.
Pumping bottles isn't going to wear anyone out and you can wash and reuse the pump bottles also. Pfertz sells large refill sizes that are less per ounce than the smaller pump bottles.

Some people don't want or have time to mix their own dry ferts and if they prefer to pay more for the convenience of a liquid fert then what's the problem with that. Everyone has different goals and priorities. Dry ferts aren't superior to liquid and vice versa.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Pumping bottles isn't going to wear anyone out and you can wash and reuse the pump bottles also. Pfertz sells large refill sizes that are less per ounce than the smaller pump bottles.

Some people don't want or have time to mix their own dry ferts and if they prefer to pay more for the convenience of a liquid fert then what's the problem with that. Everyone has different goals and priorities. Dry ferts aren't superior to liquid and vice versa.
Agreed 100%. This dry fert is better and cheaper argument seems to always come up in threads about liquid ferts.

Personally, I have no problem paying a little bit more for the convenience.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Thanks for the RootMedic suggestion, guys. to the OP, if you have any questions at all about RootMedic, or how they differ from the above, let me know.

I would skip ada and make it between RootMedic or pFertz, or dry. That is my honest opinion.

If you're looking at this from a convenience point, RootMedic only uses two bottles.

Again, shoot me up if you have questions. You cannot go wrong between RootMedic or pFertz. We're both sponsors here and will take care ofyou.

If you'd like to try RootMedic out, remember to use coupon code "plantedtank" for 10% off.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Spoken like a true New Yorker!

I use rootmedic liquid ferts and root tabs and have been happy. If you haven't already consider them I would recommend you do. 'Overstocked' runs the company, is very active on the forum, and has always been great to deal with in my experience.

In any event, whether you go with Pfertz, ADA, or Rootmedic, I think the products are going to be similarly good.

I don't know about ADA, but Rootmedic uses less bottles than Pfertz, so if you're really concerned with time, it's 2 bottles to dose all nutrients vs 4 bottles for Pfertz.
HeHe, yea you know how it is. Hey and I work hard so why not make it easier on myself.

I heard great things about Pfertz over ADA. But I see what your saying with this Rootmedic product. I will take a look at it and read some reviews. I am all about reviews these days. I don't mind dealing with 4 bottles I just don't want to do any "mad scientist" mixing just to save a few bucks. You only live once, I think. Thanks for the info. though neighbor. :fish:

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Nicely said and I totally agree. I mean if I had the time and did not have the money maybe I would mix my own but like you said my goal, priorities, needs and wants draws me to the Pferts, ADA or a good liquid fert in a pertty little bottle, lol....

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
RootMedic is based on that simple philosophy. Some people do not want to think about those things, and thus we offer a convenient way to dose and add nutrients to substrates.

Not all people are interested in dry dosing, etc. It isn't that it is "hard". It is easy. It just isn't appealing to everyone.

Between RootMedic and Pfertz, you literally cannot go wrong. They are VERY similar, just differing in the number of bottles. Nutrient content is almost identical.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ive used Pferts, ada, and seachem. The only difference I have seen with the different liquid ferts is that they make my wallet lighter, much lighter then bulk dry, some much more then others!
Jesus Christ!!! Is everything in this wonderful website about saving a buck???

Why does it all have to be about that. There is more to life then saving $20-30. Name brand ferts that are in a convenient bottle that looks good is a good thing and it makes you feel good. Sometimes you got to say frig-it and go all out, live and spend. I am sure we all work hard. Save money on other things in life. Don't eat a big lunch or skip breakfast some days to make up for what you spend. That is what I do when I need to. :icon_roll

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Agreed 100%. This dry fert is better and cheaper argument seems to always come up in threads about liquid ferts.

Personally, I have no problem paying a little bit more for the convenience.
I think the people who say dry ferts are better are saying that to make themselves feel better for buying them, lol. Your right convenience is great and its our hobby, why not feel good and use something nice that works great as well.

My thread is not even about dry ferts, so we can all just stay away from that debate. I just wanna talk about liquid ferts and which is better. Money is no object with me and my hobbies. I want the best of the best. :fish1:

1 - 20 of 214 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.