The Planted Tank Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I had to go to Petsmart to get some supplies, and pick up a few new fish. (It's the only place I can go.) Anyway, one thing that really bothers me is that rather than really feeding their fish they just toss in those 3 day food pyramids.

It's not good for regular fish, and all of the algae eaters are starving. Yesterday I kind of snapped, I was looking at tank of about 30 plecos that were hollow bellied and so pale they looked more like bulldogs than trinidads at first glance, and I decided to do something.

I ran over to where they had all the algae flakes and grabbed a bag, then surreptitiusly ripped it open and loaded my palms. I set the bag back down and walked from tank to tank feeding the fish. They were all going crazy to actually get food.

The point of this story is I plan on doing it any time I go back, after all whats the worst that will happen, I'll have to buy 3 bucks worth of algae pellets? I want others to start doing this too. It's stupid of these corporations to toss in those pyramids and lose so many fish to starvation and it's cruel. How much would it cost for them to feed them better and clean the tanks a little more often. I hope some others start doing this. It's not going to make a huge difference, but hey it will make a few fish happier and extend their lives a little longer.

· Registered
333 Posts
At my petsmart, they feed all the fish a mix of several different frozen foods along with a medicated food. It is all mixed together into a brownish sludge. They were feeding the fish when I was in there the other day. All the fish got the same stuff. I don't know if it is good for all of them, but most of the fish I saw seemed to enjoy it.

· Registered
1,048 Posts
All PetSmarts are handled differently. I don't buy fish/pets from chain stores, just supplies. That's my rebellion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.