The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So...

I've had pretty good luck matching prices of Dr. Foster's at Petsmart.

Would they match their own online sale prices with coupon codes applied? I'm asking, specifically, because of the XP3 deal.

And does Petsmart generally carry this in-store?

Just wondering since the nearest Petsmart is 30 minutes away in Roanoke... and yes, of course I could call but feel like I probably have the best chance in person anyway.

·
Registered
137 Posts
thats how i got mine here just a week ago. i think it was around $130 in the store and i printed the ad and got it for $80. so great deal i always do the price match even with my reptile stuff there at petsmart.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I've used online coupons before in store at Petsmart. The saleslady I talked to told me how to do it so it'll work. Just go online, click on what you want(brings you to an info page on that item), if there's a dropdown menu for size etc, select which you want and it should give you a revised price for it. Print the info page and take it into the store and they'll match(if it's in stock).

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yea I did it for the XP3. Just print the order page with the price. It wouldn't hurt to print out the actual coupon as well. I didn't do this, and the manager asked what the $30 off was, and I told him and he said ok, thats fine jsut never saw it before [not all managers might do that though].

It was 179 in store [ouch]. $80 out the door with the price match.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
So...

I've had pretty good luck matching prices of Dr. Foster's at Petsmart.

Would they match their own online sale prices with coupon codes applied? I'm asking, specifically, because of the XP3 deal.

And does Petsmart generally carry this in-store?

Just wondering since the nearest Petsmart is 30 minutes away in Roanoke... and yes, of course I could call but feel like I probably have the best chance in person anyway.
Yep. i just picked this deal up last night. And yes it is an instore item.
Pricematching is corperate policy. They will not however stack pricematch and a % discount.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
They'll do the XP3 because the XP1/XP2/XP3 deals had in-store coupons. Otherwise, it's YMMV. It'll depend on the manager in the store that day.
Exactly. It depends on the sales clerk as well, sometimes they won't even tell the manager and price-match it anyways. Other times they'll bring the whole staff to check.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just got back with it.

The manager there, I had never seen her before, didn't hardly even look at it. I could have had a dog in my hands and she'd given it to me for 74.99.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.