The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am actually really glad to see that Petsmart has added a saltwater section! I was in Richmond VA and took my girlfriend out on a dinner date and went to a petsmart to pick up some cat food and found that they added saltwater to their sales! She saw the cutest puffer fish there lol, the girlfriend now approves of my fish keeping because she saw that cute little puffer.

·
Registered
322 Posts
They have been for years as has petco. At least by me they have. I have to say petco takes better care of there fish department than petsmart. I think I could single-handedly run the petsmart department and make it look 1000x better. Not kidding. I felt bad for the fish, actually kind of got offended. Even there plant tank was dirty, the light fixture/bulbs needed to be cleaned. The tank lid was filthy with nets stacked on top. Almost like it was a workbench. Barely any light getting through. They have been reduced to farm raised percula clowns, yellowtail blue damsels, and a sixline wrasse that's about it. The hardier fish. I did notice a lot of there saltwater tanks were shutdown and boarded up. I'm hoping there getting out of the SW hobby. If they paid better....I would consider a weekend job hoping I could get some kind of discount lol. They do sell decent products.

·
Registered
52 Posts
yea, its def diff depending on where you are. I dont have a petco around, Also No petsmart, so once a mth I drive to myrtle beach 45 min drive from me, *( I have a dr. apt down there once a mth anyway ) So I always stop by the petsmart, Last time in, they did NOT have a SW, but thier was a really neat store down the road with ALL kinds of SW fish and stuff. *( MY BF is getting into the SW tanks now, not me yet, thow I may set up a 5 gallon nano, I have everything I need already , well almost ..lol )

BUT as I was saying I finally found a new petco and it is again about 45min away in sumter We went right after they were open a few mths, and I was disgusted! Will NEVER go back !! Thier brand new tanks and fish had all dying fish and dead fish. they do NOT carry ANY planted tank items, AND the customer service was none !! ~ They dont' care. and what do you expect for as town like sumter. So I just wont go back , and Thier prices were Gross, WAY TOO high !! SO I will stick with my online buying , and my visit to petsmart every other mth .

It depends on where you are, and who is working . Some people care, most dont.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah, i'm not really going to diss petsmart because they are a business and i do do business there. they do what they have to do, but i'm just sayin it's good for me to see that they're spreading their wings like petco; however, i prefer petsmart over petco IME. but what made my day was the lady who was there really knew what she was talking about, she even carries a picture of her planted tank at home! lol densely planted 110 gallons with over 15 bosemani rainbows. quite a beautiful tank.

·
Registered
386 Posts
My local Petsmart used to sell aquarium plants, and they don't even sell them anymore. Now they have these plants in these plastic tubes that aren't even aquatic, but it says that you can use them in an aquarium, which is a lie.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.