The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i'm not sure if this is the right place for this but i have a question about petsmart. i was looking online at this Freshwater Master Test Kit from petsmart. i went into a local store and found that the test kit is like $28 or so in store. does anyone know if the store will match the price that they show online? i think i read somewhere that they do but i'm not sure. i don't want to pay the $14 for it if i can get it online a lot cheaper.

greg

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Yes it is corperate policy that each store will match the online price.
As a franchise each store is required to follow this policy.

some petsmarts will take this one step further and match competitors online prices.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
What I usually do is go thru their website and add to cart the things you want to buy at the store. And just take a print out of your cart with the prices showing to show them the online prices.

·
Banned
582 Posts
I never go into PetSmart with out internet printouts.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Yeah, it's going to depend on the store. Some Petsmarts do, some don't. It doesn't hurt asking though. Just bring the printouts with you. I plan on doing that for an XP3. In store they are selling them at around $175+, but online it's alot cheaper and from other places it's even cheaper. So I plan on bringing both to cover the bases. Never hurts to ask. :)

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Yeah, it's going to depend on the store. Some Petsmarts do, some don't. It doesn't hurt asking though. Just bring the printouts with you. I plan on doing that for an XP3. In store they are selling them at around $175+, but online it's alot cheaper and from other places it's even cheaper. So I plan on bringing both to cover the bases. Never hurts to ask. :)
I did the same thing. They price matched bigal's price of 89.99 and I got a $25 gift card in the mail because they were running a special promotion during christmas. I got a HOT magnum 250 for less than $50 too. I usually go in armed with two printouts if it is a big dollar item.

·
Registered
189 Posts
A new one just opened up around here (South Dakota, actually) and they even have a sign right by the door that says they will match any lower price you find. We went in with our research done and printouts from the lowest prices we found and they matched every one of them (BigAls, ThatPetPlace, PetCo, and their own online prices). They were shocked that their website listed prices lower than they were in store...

·
Registered
845 Posts
I wish that Petsmart would carry the classic Eheims in store, but I have yet to see any (I've visited 2 locally). A few times I have seen the Ecco models, but I'd rather have the Classic model. Looks like if I want an Eheim Classic I'll have to buy it online.

Yoink: I saw that special! I wish I would have jumped on that! Oh well.....Big Al's went up in price too. Just bad timing. LOL

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Yes it is corperate policy that each store will match the online price.
As a franchise each store is required to follow this policy.

some petsmarts will take this one step further and match competitors online prices.
I would like to see this corporate policy. All I can find is.......

Pricing
All prices are in U.S. dollars. Our prices are set independently of the PetSmart store locations. As an Internet company, PetSmart.com is committed to bringing you, our customer, the best overall prices available online.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
My local Petsmart will price match only their own online store, and they require a printout from their site stating the online price, as they then put that printout in their register, just like coupons. I recently got some ceramic heat emitters for my finches at almost 40% off the store price.

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
What's dumb is that the internet store has so many more things. I come in with 10 printouts, and the store only stocks like 3 of the things. Grrr.

·
Banned
582 Posts
I've been in the one closest to me so many times that I know what's on their shelves better than the employees.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
What's dumb is that the internet store has so many more things. I come in with 10 printouts, and the store only stocks like 3 of the things. Grrr.
Yeah I've been looking for a replacement light for my hexagon. Finally found one at Petsmart on their website but none of the stores carry it. :angryfire

·
Registered
845 Posts
I went to Petsmart on Friday to get a replacement heater. Of course I had my print-outs; both Petsmart online price and Dr. Foster & Smith's price. Now of all the heaters they carried in the stores (I visited 2 Petsmarts), they didn't have the one I wanted! :mad: So I ended up ordering it online with Dr. Foster & Smith.

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
I had to drive 11 miles to get the 100W Visi-Therm Stealth heater I wanted....but that was because I wanted to use the $5 coupon. =P

1 - 20 of 20 Posts