The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Stop by the store (yes, in person) and ask the manager.
Have some goods in your hands and at least look like you're a regular customer.

The store manager has always been happy to tell me what's going on, but I'm in there a lot more than others. It's not that I purchase a lot, but I'm in the store enough and I look just like the medium height, gray headed, slightly balding, old fart. So I seem to be a great customer. ;-) So, do I know when the sale starts at "my" local Petco? B-)

Stocks of tanks are up at Petco's all over the country so it's safe to assume that the sale is probably going to start soon.

·
Registered
202 Posts
When they start, do they usually start on Saturday or Sunday?

·
Banned
1,116 Posts
It's starting this Sunday from what I heard.

I know a girl who work at petco and when u know ppl its always first hand to you.
I just pre-order 2 40B from my friend she say once the sale start she will grab 2 and pay for them. I just go and pick them up and pay her back later. Usely every petco I go too will end up clean in a couple days so its good to have a eye inside.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's starting this Sunday from what I heard.

I know a girl who work at petco and when u know ppl its always first hand to you.
I just pre-order 2 40B from my friend she say once the sale start she will grab 2 and pay for them. I just go and pick them up and pay her back later. Usely every petco I go too will end up clean in a couple days so its good to have a eye inside.
Yah i figure the 40B is going to be hard to get, thats what i'm going to be trying for also...so i may end up having to skip a day of work to pick one up or at the very least waking up REALLY early on a sunday..there are 4 stores within 10 miles of me...so i'm definately going to be shopping around

Anyone try to 'profit' off this sale? Say buying 10 55 and 5 40B and trying to sell them for more on craiglist later on?

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
You could if you want I guess lol, though if I remember the prices at Petland before mine shut down was like a gallon per dollar everyday. Pity, when I came back from college I realized it shut down. It was like that 3 years ago, I just found out they closed this year.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
I wouldent buy a 40b for more than 1$ per gal.
Btw when i bought mine @ the $1 per sale they had atleast 5 others siting there. This was also a few years ago and in a defrent state than u.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
754 Posts
I wouldn't buy and re-sell, especially since you can find used tank deals even under $1/G. Petcos near me have a ton of stock of 40B and 55G after the sales are over where you see it extended. Usually 55G doesn't sell and they don't stock too many 40B like 6 at most.

I don't know why they don't every carry stands for their 40B.

The petland $1/G sale is better cause it goes up to 75!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts