The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife went to Pco yesterday to get the Pugs some food and saw that the sale was in effect. I had been wanting a 40b for a few months and knew they were on the sale list (they go up to 55g I believe) and I missed it last time they had it and refused to pay their normal ~$100 for the tank.

So I snagged my 40b today! My local Pco employee said it was going till the 17th so check your local stores and hopefully you also can get a great deal too!

·
Premium Member
3,074 Posts
again?

I refuse to go to petco if I know $1/sale is available, or I will end up with more tanks. :)

add: I will go this time, to see if they have 55g, and will restrict myself on getting anything that is less than 55g .

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
I went to a new (to me) Petco tonight to pick up the two 20G high tanks that I had planned on getting just so I could see what different stuff they might offer and they had none of them.

Gonna have to try to get back to my normal one to pick them up I guess.

·
Premium Member
3,074 Posts
Why not check craigslist first? Sometimes you can get really good deals
it looks like all the good deals are belong to others :hihi:
some one always go ahead of me...

Edit: did strike a good deal once. There were 50+ free 30G breeder, and ten+ 20G, ten+ 90G, one 125G/150G?(the only odd size show tank, only 1' depth) at the local reptile store, all tanks drilled, with overflow bulkheads and pipes, nice condition tanks. I picked up three 30G and one 20G, couldn't fit any more in the back of my SUV. And there were couple guys picking up all tanks at the time when I was there, lucky guys with big trucks..

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
This time around I got three 40 gallon breeders and two 20 gallon longs- at least so far. $160 for five tanks is a great deal, and I usually get at least one or two tanks each time the sale goes on. I only wish that they would have some sort of similar deal for all of the peripheral equipment to go with it!

I worked for Petco a few years back, and they run this sale about four times a year. Unless the tank I want is a size that is not included in the sale, I only buy tanks at this price, which is probably what Petco has in mind. Now they just need to add a few things like 30 gallon, 38 gallon and 45 gallon (with the 36"x12" footprint) so I can add more display tanks in my living room. But if you are setting up breeding and grow out tanks for a fish room this sale is a good thing.

·
Registered
9,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Why not check craigslist first? Sometimes you can get really good deals
Sometimes you can find good deals on CL. I would find it highly unlikely though that someone could find a 40b for $40 or under. Then yo have to take into account that its used. I cant tell you how gratifying it was to have the smell of freshly applied silicone filling my nostrils on the ride home from Pco! :)

it looks like all the good deals are belong to others :hihi:
some one always go ahead of me...

Edit: did strike a good deal once. There were 50+ free 30G breeder, and ten+ 20G, ten+ 90G, one 125G/150G?(the only odd size show tank, only 1' depth) at the local reptile store, all tanks drilled, with overflow bulkheads and pipes, nice condition tanks. I picked up three 30G and one 20G, couldn't fit any more in the back of my SUV. And there were couple guys picking up all tanks at the time when I was there, lucky guys with big trucks..
That is a great deal!

This time around I got three 40 gallon breeders and two 20 gallon longs- at least so far. $160 for five tanks is a great deal, and I usually get at least one or two tanks each time the sale goes on. I only wish that they would have some sort of similar deal for all of the peripheral equipment to go with it!

I worked for Petco a few years back, and they run this sale about four times a year. Unless the tank I want is a size that is not included in the sale, I only buy tanks at this price, which is probably what Petco has in mind. Now they just need to add a few things like 30 gallon, 38 gallon and 45 gallon (with the 36"x12" footprint) so I can add more display tanks in my living room. But if you are setting up breeding and grow out tanks for a fish room this sale is a good thing.
Nice, I dont think I will be buying a tank unless the sale is going on again either (unless its ADA/DoAqua! of course). Seriously, you got 5 nice tanks for the normal cost of one 40b and one or maybe two 20g's!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.