The Planted Tank Forum banner

Persistent Case Of Fin Rot, Or...? (please Help Identify)

633 4
Hey guys,
I've been treating my fish for fin rot (the outbreak followed a case of ich.)
It was successful for the most part, but one neon tetra's tail still looks damaged, and there is no sign of improvement.
I've done a full cycle of Triple Sulfa, gave the fish a break while running activated coal filter, and am now nearing the end of Furan-2 (Nitrofurazone) & Kanaplex combo treatment.
The spot you see on the photo remained "as is" throughout.
Is it one of those cases where the tail rot has progressed too far? Or perhaps I have misdiagnosed?
Do you think that I should try another treatment - or just let the tank be, at this point?
Thanks!

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey BettaBettas,
It's on the top end of the tail - a white V-shaped mark and erosion, which appeared at the time of the breakout. All other fish have been free of fin rot symptoms for the past two weeks or so.
Please let me know if you still have trouble seeing it, I'll try drawing a circle around the problem area. :)
Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh, no problem! Thanks for looking into it, and please share your findings... whatever they may be. I'm just going to stay put for the time being. My tank smells like a looted pharmacy on the third day of zombie apocalypse; and I think that I should give the fish a little break. Unless, of course, your findings call for intensifying the treatment.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.