The Planted Tank Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems potassium permanganate has gotten to be hard to find, and is expensive and messy to work with. I have pre mixed stock solution of permanganate with water in 16 ounce bottles available. Its at a concentration of 1 ounce to every gallon of water in a bucket.

This will kill snails, snail eggs, pathogens such as ICH, BGA, and probably most forms of algae from plants or any submersible aquarium decoration or equipment by soaking them in the solution for 15 to 20 minutes.

You can use this to prevent the undesirable nasties from getting into your tank, or if you have an existing plague in your aquarium and your are tearing it down, you can treat your existing plants, rocks, and so forth.

Every plant you get from a fellow hobbyist potentionaly carries with it whatever problems that hobbyist has. This is like virus protection for your aquarium.

$8.99 per bottle.

Some pre cautions;

This is a very strong oxidizer that is dark purple and will stain your skin clothing, carpet, whatever. At full strength it could cause some skin irratation. Wear gloves, eye protection, and appropiate clothing.

It should be stored out of direct sunlight and heat. Heat and light will cause the chemical to oxidize making it useless. When it turns from purple/red to brown it is oxidized. Stored properly it should last a year or much longer before it begins to significantly degrade.

I bottle this to order so you get a fresh stock solution.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I missed this question, sorry. Of course I ship! I can send it UPS ground to any where in the USA.

·
Premium Member
13,533 Posts
This thread has automatically been closed by the forum. All sales threads are closed automatically after 31 days by the forum software as per our Swap N Shop rules unless you are a Power Seller (Upgrade). If you have any concerns you can contact the forum staff: http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sendmessage.php

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.