The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I was cleaning my moms 10 gallon when I noticed that the peppered cories had really really really long fins. All of them. The one on top (dorsal?) its about an inch and a half and curves backward and ends in small loos spiral. All of their fins are at least half an inch longer than when she got them. And half an inch bigger than any cory cat I've ever seen.
Anyone know why? Is something wrong?
They aren't from a store. They were all spawned from a previous generation of cories that all had short fins.

·
Premium Member
1,921 Posts
There are longfin cory strains out there. Maybe he was just a freak mutation that occurred? I doubt there's anything wrong if he's made it this long.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are longfin cory strains out there. Maybe he was just a freak mutation that occurred? I doubt there's anything wrong if he's made it this long.
There are? Why?
Maybe they developed the strain out of this mutation.
It's actually three of them. And they just developed it within the last 6 months (I'm taking care of her house while shes on vacation). They seem perfectly fine other than their freakishly long fins.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Pictures and hope there's at least 1 female and 1 male. I can see long-finned corries as a new trend :biggrin:
it's not as cute as it sounds. If someone bred them to be straighter and less... raggly I can see it being nice looking...
I'll have to get some pictures tomorrow when I feed them.
for now it looks kinda like this...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.