The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Anyone use a Pentair Aquatics heater module? If so, I'm wondering if you have to cement the inlet and outlet fittings into the system? Is PVC cement alright?

Thanks,

Joe

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I came across a Thread a while back and this person had a nice setup and he had a Pentair Aquatics module connected to his system check out his picks.

IMO: I would use unions on each end so you could service or replace if need be.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I use them on my tanks - I am too lazy to build my own!

They come with reducer bushings to accomodate 3/4" mpt plumbing and these do need to be cemented into the heater module in and out flows. PVC cement works fine. If you aren't plumbing with PVC pipe, you should also check out the Hydor in line heaters. They have a 300 watt version - same as the max specs on the small Pent air system. I will offer that you can find a 400 watt heater that fits the small Pent Air module, it is the Hydor Theo. I use this on my 90 gallon as the tank is in the garage and even San Diego get a few cold days!

Bill

Oh, and I agree with the union advice. I have them between every element on my system - and you will appreciate having them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.