The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow TPT'ers

This is a bowfront tank that has seen many changes since July '11, when I first got this tank.

So I am a college student currently attending UCSD for International Studies Economics and I live in a house with roommates and we are planning on and working on getting a full scale aquaponics setup with tilapia production along with various green vegetables.

So one night we had an idea to start up a small scale of what we were going to do. The 30 gal bowfront take was then converted with a pump a raised bed with hydroton balls. Planted with mixed salad greens

09/04/11 - Just starting up. At this point the tank was inhabited by 2 Electric Yellow Cichlids, a mating pair of Red Jewel Cichlids and 1 other striped fellar I wasn't so sure of named, Earl.

09/06/11 - Sprouted in 2 days!

09/14/11 - At this point, I rehomed all of the cichlids and introduced my entire guppy population, fancy and endlers.

09/29/11 - Looking good enough to eat!

I am not sure whether or not this will be permanent, I doubt it as if possible, we are going to try to construct a tree like structure to the nearby window to see if natural light is enough to grow these light green plants.

At that point I would use this tank as a planted tank once again growing more green!!!

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks cap,
The noise is considerable but seeing how we have it in the living room, its not so bad.
It is actually kind of soothing. The noise gets louder as water evaporates.
When I top off so there is not much space between the grow bed and the water level, the noise is considerably less.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.