The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey!

Having some difficulty finding really definitive information regarding three-lined pencilfish (Nannostomus trifasciatus), so I wanted to inquire with you guys!

I have a 20 gallon long tank currently stocked with 3 Peacock Gudgeons (2 F, 1 M) and a Nerite Snail. I'm looking into adding 2 more Gudgeons (1F, 1M).

I am also interested in adding some three-lined pencilfish to the aquarium! They seem to fit within the parameters fairly easily (~78F temp, 6.6-7.0 pH, ~3GH). I am curious about how many could be stocked in this arrangement, however. I hear that I certainly want more of them as they are a shoaling fish and the males can be fighty, but I've been unable to find much in the way of advice for actual stocking number suggestions!

Any advice?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Replying ten years late, my golden pencilfish M chase my PG's a lot. It's true, you really do need as many or more F than M. The M are much more feisty than is discussed. I had to get rid of 1 macho M who, I believe, took down an Amano and a Cory.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.