The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not sure what I will do with this tank. Right now I am thinking it will be low tech and mostly just crypts. Any and all feed back is welcome. I guess the first question is about the size of the root. Is it too large?

I plan on filling the pot in the last picture and planting in it. The substrate will most likely be dirt and play sand. The red in the first pictures is just the from the bulb in the fixture. Is the blue background too much?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The root is really two pieces that are next to each other. I wasn't really happy with either one alone. I have some anubias petite I could use. Not really enough to make much diference. I have lots of java moss but I don't want to use it. Maybe a better moss?
I was hoping to get the crypts to grow in the root somehow and cover it up that way.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I really haven't thought about fish much. Something that would hang out on the root would be nice. Nothing too large, obviously. Something that would go with the crypts, maybe. Glad you like the roots.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.