The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the wild, how does pellia grow naturally?

What are some ways pellia is grown in the aquarium?

How many species or varieties of pellia are there?

Thanks!

·
Invert Warrior
3,886 Posts
peilia is different from susswassertang. susswassertang is a fern gametophyte.

i have susswassertang but not peilia
they do look similar however ...
Thanks for spelling it now it sounds. I like this much better than subwasertang. The German Seuss doesn't equal English B.

MABJ's iDevice used for this message :p

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for spelling it now it sounds. I like this much better than subwasertang. The German Seuss doesn't equal English B.
This is not about spelling and those correcting should watch how they spell too. ("how" with an "H") ;)

If responding to this post, please have something to add about the actual plants, and maybe give a response to the questions posted.

Thanks! :D

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
spelling does have a bit to do with it...
Süßwassertang - fresh water seaweed.

ß=ss in german. it is not actually a "B" but another letter altogether :p

ü=oo w=v

so the whole word is prnounced

soos-va-ssa-ta-ng

very useful XD

mine started growing little roots when grown emmersed

·
Invert Warrior
3,886 Posts
spelling does have a bit to do with it...
Süßwassertang - fresh water seaweed.

ß=ss in german. it is not actually a "B" but another letter altogether :p

ü=oo w=v

so the whole word is prnounced

soos-va-ssa-ta-ng

very useful XD

mine started growing little roots when grown emmersed

Haha! Yeah. I know a little German, and its half my heritage!

I don't have those symbols on my iPhone or I would have used them lol. I know that's why it got translated as a B, but I wish everybody would spell it like you do :)

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's the spelling the internet gave me, so I guess we'll have to take it up with them.

It's unfortunate that this post has become more about spelling than the care of an actual plant. I think I am going to abandon it and try again later.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
It's an annoying plant, growing freely where I don't want it and failing spectacularly in a prime location in a high tech tank. Ignore it and it'll be fine.

MABJ - have you tried holding down the S key? I know it's only an iPhone but surely at least a few buyers are multilingual.

;)

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
That's the spelling the internet gave me, so I guess we'll have to take it up with them.

It's unfortunate that this post has become more about spelling than the care of an actual plant. I think I am going to abandon it and try again later.
You never asked for care XD

well mine's mostly neglected in dark corners. grows fabulously on neglect

i honestly don't think it likes high light very much. if you are talking about susswassertang that is.

·
Invert Warrior
3,886 Posts

Oh my bad. I didn't mean to distract. Sorry if I did. On this forum you'll see lots of side bars.

Rainer-- I did check that LOL no my S and B keys aren't international.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.