Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watching the days drop from the calendar waiting for my stand to be shipped so I can start my journey. I figure I can start planning my scape. I have a rather large piece of driftwood for the right side of my tank, but was wanting a rock for the left side. I’m going to be using ADA aquasoil amazonia version 2, which is black in color. I think this granite might constrast the substrate nicely. I’m also planning to add a small area of off white sand for bottom dwellers and for feeding. I think I’ll have to break the rock up, but wanted to get some feedback from the kind folks of plantedtank before I go breaking it up. Might add some of the smaller pieces around the driftwood to make it look like it’s growing out is the rock. Any thoughts? As always, I appreciate it.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Its hard to do an aquascape with just one rock. If you have more of it then I'd use it. But if this is all you have, I'd use something else. That said, its only fair that I tell you, I typically fill at least 1/3rd of the available tank space with hardscape. So I like a lot of rocks in my tanks.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think it'll contrast great!! 😉👍 View attachment 1029249

Just in case you were wondering what it looks like with aquasoil and sand
Oh, I love the quartz you have in there, too! Thanks for sharing. I’m glad I’m going with the light colored sand after seeing yours.

Its hard to do an aquascape with just one rock. If you have more of it then I'd use it. But if this is all you have, I'd use something else. That said, its only fair that I tell you, I typically fill at least 1/3rd of the available tank space with hardscape. So I like a lot of rocks in my tanks.
It’s hard to tell, but it’s a really big rock. I’m thinking I’ll knock it into 1 big rock and a few smaller ones.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I think I’ve positioned it about how I like it.... I’ll have the ADA around the back and sides with white sand in the front similar to an inlet. Is this rock a good size for the tank? I have quite a few more of the cobble size rocks that I could add, but wasn’t sure if it needed more hardscape. Thoughts?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.