The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a constipated cardinal tetra with a prolapse, would peas work for him? I've used them for betta and cichlids so I figured it would be for small tetra as well but I have next to no experience with small bodied tetra so I figured I'd ask.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have tried feeding them peas and sometimes they go for them but if a fish is too far gone i've struggled with getting them to eat

are you keeping it in the main tank or moved the sick fish to a QT?
He's not sick, just ate too much freeze dried krill flakes. He's eating still, not really acting any differently- still shoaling, still brightly colored. He made a pig of himself yesterday and this morning I noticed the prolapse. I've had this happen to me many times with betta and oscars and peas were always my go to. I'm going to try tonight hopefully he'll take the peas.

Daphnia are high in fiber content, I usually feed that the day after I feed bloodworms.
Yes!! I'm gonna try giving him a little blanched peas mush tonight but if he doesn't take it I will grab some daphnia!! Thank you :)(y)

Lol, well he's fine now. I suppose I got worried over nothing. Appreciate the help 😉👍

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.