The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going to be moving my 55g into a 125g. It currently houses [the 55g] 4 pearls and a pair of kribs along with smaller fish. But I was wondering if there is any other type of gourarmi I can mix with them. I just love gouramis [non aggressive]

·
Registered
842 Posts
I've kept moonlight and dwarf blue and honey gouramis along with my pearls and they got along fine.
I've also kept platinum and the gold snake skin ones- and have been about 50/50 with the attitude on those.

·
Registered
124 Posts
You may also want to investigate the "Indian Banded" Gourami (Colisa fasciata)--mistakenly called the "Giant Gourami." They are in the same Genus as the "sunset" and "honey," as well as dwarf gouramis. By all standards, the only thing "giant" about them is their size in relation to other members of the genus. They'll stay smaller than your Pearl Gouramis.

A nice, high-quality male will rival a show-quality Paradise fish. They are also more deeply colored than the originial Dwarf Gourami variety--blues more vibrant, red-oranges are warmer.

They've got no attitude. In fact, it'll take awhile for them to be comfortable in the tank. Anyhow, that's my recommendation. No one really owns them much anymore . . . they've sort of been passed up for the overly commercialized strains of dwarves--which I'm not particularly fond of . . . point being, when someone spots one in your tank, they'll say, "that's so pretty, what type of gourami is it?"

Good luck.
Kev.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts