The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm more new to C02 than I am to planted tanks. So here's the question: If every single plant in my tank pearls, doesn't that pretty well mean that My C02 is adaquate? My fish don't gasp, or anything, either. I have a 29 gallon and use 2 2liter DIY yeast mixes that I change every other one out every other week.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would invest in one if the indicator solution doesn't constantly need replacing. Otherwise, I just use my gut and my plants to tell me whats going on in there.
:tongue:

·
Registered
9,062 Posts
I change my DC solution every few months, not that big of a hassle.

I would invest in one if the indicator solution doesn't constantly need replacing. Otherwise, I just use my gut and my plants to tell me whats going on in there.
:tongue:
Maybe a little bit. Im sure if its warmer the plants can convert glucose faster which will produce o2 quicker which means more pearling but im sure its a very insignificant amount.

Does temperature affect the amount of pearling? Just curious.

·
Super Moderator
11,986 Posts
Im sure if its warmer the plants can convert glucose faster which will produce o2 quicker which means more pearling but im sure its a very insignificant amount.
Plants do not produce oxygen as a result of converting glucose to usable ATP.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Jarod, what your tank temperature?

K.C
My tank is 78 degrees. And it sounds like I'll invest in a drop checker. ;)

·
Super Moderator
11,986 Posts
Of course, of all the people on the forum a scientist has to review my post. :hihi:
As a scientist, I just don't like seeing people being misled by science :)

Back on topic,

Does temperature affect the amount of pearling? Just curious.
As far as I have seen, temperature does not seem to affect the amount of pearling (at least to any significant degree).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts