The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Congrats!

Late in the day, try shutting off the filters for 10 minutes for an even bigger bubble show. Bonus points if you can figure out why it happens. ;)

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Yes, this is technically "streaming", not "pearling". There's a tiny hole in the leaf, and oxygen is escaping the plant through the path of least resistance. Since it's all coming out one point, it's more dramatic than pearling, and appears before you see widespread, true pearling.

Nothing to worry about though.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I had my Crypt tank set up for about a month then a few of the plants started to do this, it looked like they were melting a little...

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
That's streaming. Pearling looks like thousands of bubbles stuck to your plant leaves. Mostly on the undersides of the leaves.

Pearling is not an indication of plant health btw. It just means that O2 is being produced faster than it can dissolve. Don't get too hung up on whether your plants are pearling.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
True words sharkfood.. i almost never get pearling... however if i turn off my koralia............... whole different story. and this is new to me even. my top 1 of plant growth close to the surface is the only thing that pearled.. it wasnt affected by my koralia.. well turn it off and i have a bubbly mess :)

·
Registered
5,370 Posts
My plants stream and pearl everyday thanks to CO2, but every tank should pearl on water change day that's the mother of all pealing days, and it's been said that it doesn't mean anything, then why does it make us so dang happy.

I say congratulations on your pearling sir, and that look your wife is giving you never goes away.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts