The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this tank for almost a year now, I dose Seachem Flourish regularly, with DIY CO2, and the plants have been growing fast (have to trim every week to prevent the tank from totally covered).

Once thing I noticed is I only see pearling after a water change. It seems it needs new fresh water for it to pearl. The plants still grow very fast, just that I don't see the bubbles :) Why is that?

If it is lack of some nutrients, then my daily dose of Flourish etc should have supplied it.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
12,118 Posts
The pearling that you see after a water change is likely "fake" pearling. Water straight from the tap tends to have a high amount of air/gas dissolved in it, and it is this that you are seeing as it bubbles off the surface of your plants.

Don't worry if you don't have real pearling. As long as your plants are healthy and growing well, that's all that really matters.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Darkblade is right on,my water from the tap is very effervescent and everything is covered with bubbles for a few hours after a water change and as stated if your plants are growing and look healthy sit back and relax...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.